This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


Peter Hutchings was sentenced to serve 75 years in prison after pleading guilty to murder. Terri Williams agreed to plead guilty to conspiracy to commit robbery and carrying a handgun without a license. She was sentenced to 14 years in prison with a 756-day jail credit and three-year suspension.


INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (November 9, 2015) – Two suspects have been charged with murder in connection with a slain Indianapolis delivery driver.

Peter Hutchings, 25, was charged with two counts of murder, attempted robbery resulting in serious bodily injury, conspiracy to commit robbery, unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon, and carrying a handgun without a license.

Terri Williams, 17, was charged as an adult with one count murder, attempted robbery resulting in serious bodily injury, and conspiracy to commit robbery.

According to court documents, Hutchings and Williams placed an order with China King Tuesday night.

When delivery driver Mark Miller showed up at the apartment complex to deliver the food, he got into an argument with Hutchings. A witness saw Miller get into his truck and accelerate in reverse. That’s when Hutchings reportedly shot him.

Investigators tracked Hutchings and Williams down using the address and phone number information from the China King order.

Williams admitted that Hutchings told her to call in an order for delivery to China King, but she denies she knew it was a robbery attempt.

She told police Hutchings approached Miller while he was in his truck and demanded money. Williams told police that Hutchings walked behind the truck, and when the truck started backing up, Hutchings shot Miller. Williams told police Hutchings was being dragged by the truck, but Hutchings told police the truck never touched him.

After the shooting, the pair went to Hutchings’ father’s nearby apartment, and Williams told police she hid the gun in the fridge, which is where police found it.

When questioned, Hutchings denied being the shooter, and he changed his story several times.