4 fast facts:
- South side home caught fire around 3 p.m.
- Smoke was seen coming from the home.
- Homeowner’s dog died. No other injuries.
- Damage estimated at $50,000.
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.– The Indianapolis Fire Department responded to a house fire Wednesday on the south side of the city.
Crews were dispatched just before 3 p.m. to the 200 block of West Gimber Street.
Smoke and fire were reportedly showing from the back of the home, which did have working smoke detectors.
The home is owned by 77-year-old Jim McGovern. His Shih-Tzu “Teddy” died in the fire. No other injuries were reported.
Officials estimated the damage at $50,000.