MADISON COUNTY, Ind. – The coroner has identified the man killed in a Madison County house fire Tuesday evening.
Fire crews responded to a home in the 4300 block of East State Road 236, between Anderson and Middletown, on Tuesday evening around 8 p.m.
The home was actively burning when crews arrived. Firefighters entered the home and located Michael Caine, 67, on the living room floor. They pulled Caine from the home, but he was unable to be resuscitated and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives believe the fire started in the kitchen, and they think it was caused by unattended items on the stove. There is no indication of arson.