According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Families insist Indy’s public safety crisis must be personal to entire community to move forward
- Imposters could be infiltrating your social media feeds ahead of election
- Anxiety 2020: Voters worry about safety at the polls
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- QAnon’s ‘Save the Children’ morphs into popular slogan