INDIANAPOLIS — INDOT announced Monday its overnight closure of the Michigan Street exit ramp on Tuesday, December 7 and Wednesday, December 8.
The 1-70 westbound to I-65 southbound ramp to the Michigan Street exit will close Tuesday and Wednesday night from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m for overhead beam installation.
During closure, motorists will be rerouted to I-65 exits to Meridian Street/Pennsylvania Street and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street to West Street.
Traffic will be restricted to just one lane to the Michigan exit between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Access to Downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from New York Street and Michigan Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split