INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Several local churches are helping in the relief efforts for Kokomo residents. Charity Church on the near southwest side is one of them.
At first, the drive was set up to help in the aftermath of historic flooding in Louisiana, but now they’re expanding to help Hoosiers.
“We were geared up and planning on everything going to Louisiana and then when the tornado hit in our own backyard we knew we had to be a part of that as well, so people are stepping up and they’re making it happen,” said Paul Slagle, lead pastor at Charity Church.
The churches plan on driving one truck down to Louisiana by next Thursday, then another to Kokomo after that.
You can drop off items at the following sites:
- Charity Church
- Westside Nazarene
- Crossroads in Avon
- Bethel Family Worship Center
- The iShop Repair / 8401 E US-36, Avon
- Shafer’s Collision Repair Center / 10690 E US 36, Avon
- Indy Ink and Toner / 7900 E US 36, Suite E, Avon
- Hendricks County Flyer / 8109 Kingston St. Suite 500, Avon
The following items are being accepted:
- Bottled Water
- Can Goods
- Non-Perishables (Peanut Butter, Packaged Goods, Etc.)
- Baby Food
- NEW Baby Bottles
- Dog Food
- Cat Food
- Paper Goods (Plates, Napkins, Cups, Plastic Cutlery)
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Cleaning Supplies (Anti-Bacterial Wipes, Bleach, Dish Soap, Laundry Soap, Hand Sanitizer)
- Hygiene Products (Deodorant, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Shampoo, Conditioner, Contact Solution, Lotion, Baby Powder, Etc.)
- First Aid Supplies (Band-Aids, Antibiotic Ointment)
- New Blankets
- Drywall Screws
Learn more about how you can help the churches aid storm victims here.