INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Jan. 13, 2016) – Indianapolis Public Schools will hold a series of programs for families interested in enrolling their children in preschool.
The Preschool Fairs give families a chance to submit applications and learn more about the program. Here are the dates and times:
- Wednesday, January 13, 5-8 p.m. – Lew Wallace Elementary School 107; 3307 Ashway Drive
- Wednesday, January 13, 5-8 p.m. – Francis Bellamy Preschool Center 102; 9501 E. 36th Place
- Saturday, January 16, 9 a.m-1 p.m. – Arsenal Technical High School; 1500 E. Michigan Street
To be eligible for preschool (also referred to as “Pre-K”) at IPS, students must be 4 years old before Sept. 1, 2016. Families must live in the IPS district and provide their own transportation to school. Pre-K seats are assigned by lottery selection, and the lottery application window is open until Jan. 25, with lottery selection set for late February. Once lottery assignments are complete, remaining Pre-K seats will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
You can fill out the application here.
Families enrolling a student in Pre-K must also provide the following information in person or via email:
- Student’s birth certificate
- Complete immunization records
- Proof of residence (a lease or utility bill showing your name and current address)
- Picture ID for the parent or guardian
For more information, call 317-226-4000.