INDIANAPOLIS (May 11, 2015) – Big & Rich, KC & the Sunshine Band, the Village People, Rusted Root and the Indigo Girls will headline free concerts this summer at the Indiana State Fair.
On Monday, the Indiana State Fair Commission revealed those acts were part of the summer concert lineup at the Indiana State Fair free stage. The concerts are free with paid admission. The concert series opens with the Indigo Girls on Aug. 7 and concludes with Wild Cherry Pepsi Gospel Music Day on Aug. 23.
State Fair general admission costs $12, with advance discount tickets costing $8. Kids 5 and under get in free. You can buy tickets to the fair here. The fair runs from Aug. 7 through Aug. 23. The theme for 2015 is “Year of the Farmer.”
Here’s a look at the concert schedule:
- August 7: Indigo Girls at 7:30 p.m.
- August 8: Morris Day & The Time at 7:30 p.m.
- August 9: Hispanic/Latino Music Festival presented by Honda featuring Los Caminantes de Humberto Navarro from 12p.m – 8p.m.
- August 10: Rodney Atkins presented by WFMS at 7:30 p.m.
- August 12: Happy Together Tour with The Turtles; The Association; Mark Lindsay; The Grass Roots; The Buckinghams and The Cowsills at 7:30 p.m.
- August 13: Creedence Clearwater Revisited at 7:30 p.m.
- August 14: Return of the Dukes: John Schneider & Tom Wopat at 7:30 p.m.; including photo ops with the General Lee from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- August 16: Contemporary Christian Music Fest with Colton Dixon from 2 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- August 17: Village People at 7:30 p.m.
- August 18: Big & Rich presented by HANK-FM and Royal Pin Leisure Centers at 7:30 p.m.
- August 19: Craig Morgan presented by HANK-FM and Royal Pin Leisure Centers at 7:30 p.m.
- August 20: KC & the Sunshine Band at 7:30 p.m.
- August 21: “Nashville” stars Lennon and Maisy presented by RTV6 at 6:30 p.m. and The Henningsens Presented by Beck’s Hybrids to follow at approximately 8 p.m.
- August 22: Rusted Root at 7:30 p.m.
- August 23: Wild Cherry Pepsi Gospel Music Day with special guest Ms. LaShun Pace of the legendary Pace Sisters from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.