High-speed chase ends on southeast side after police pursue stolen truck


Jimmy Lee Moore (Photo courtesy of Indiana State Police)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

4 Fast Facts

  • Police chase ends with suspect in custody
  • Pursuit began on city’s northeast side
  • Three vehicles were damaged during the incident
  • Suspect apprehended near Brookville and Post

INDIANAPOLIS – Indianapolis Metropolitan police were involved in a pursuit Wednesday morning that ended with a suspect in custody.

According to IMPD, officers were trailing a stolen vehicle at 38th Street and Butler Avenue on the northeast side. The suspect, 31-year-old Jimmy Lee Moore of Marion, took off, leading officers on a chase that eventually ended on the southeast side of the city.

The vehicle Moore was driving had been reported stolen on May 8.

The suspect was apprehended near Brookville and Post roads just before noon, IMPD said. Moore crashed into a wooded area about a half mile south of Brookville Road. Police say he attempted to flee on foot after crashing.

He left his 42-year-old female passenger behind. She was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown under the dashboard of the truck when it hit a tree. She was taken to the hospital with arm pain but was not arrested.

Police tracked Moore down to the 8800 block of Raymond Street within ten minutes of the crash. He was taken into custody without further incident.

Police said it didn’t appear anyone except for Moore’s passenger was injured during the pursuit. However, three vehicles were damaged as a result of the incident, police said, including a school bus. No students were on the bus at the time.

Moore faces charges of resisting law enforcement with a vehicle, auto theft, criminal recklessness and reckless driving causing injury. In addition, Moore had an open warrant from April 20 for home improvement fraud.


Most Popular

Latest News

More News