This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS — Investigators say errant fireworks were to blame for a residence fire late Sunday night on the city’s near west side.

Firefighters were called to the 1300 block of Sharon Ave., where they found a fire on a deck. It took about twenty minutes to get the fire under control.

A 23-year-old man and his 24-year-old wife managed to escape the fire without injury. The couple managed to grab one of their three dogs as they left the home.

A second dog was rescued and taken to a veterinarian with breathing issues. The third dog died in the fire.