Early morning fire leaves family without place to live

News

Photo from the Indianapolis Fire Department

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Dec. 2, 2015) – An Indianapolis family is without a home after a fire broke out early Wednesday morning.

Indianapolis Fire Department crews were called to the 2500 block of Brouse Avenue around 5:30 a.m. after receiving multiple 911 calls. Two people inside the home—a 77-year-old woman and her 54-year-old son—said a smoke alarm alerted them to the fire. They were able to get out safely, along with the family dog.

The woman was taken to Eskenazi Hospital for smoke inhalation.

The family was concerned a third person may have been inside the home, but firefighters didn’t find anyone inside. Fire officials said the man was likely at work. Moving through the home’s interior proved challenging because of excessive clutter inside the home, according to IFD.

Crews had the fire under control in about 15 minutes.

Damage is estimated at $60,000.

Most Popular

Latest News

More News