CARMEL, Ind. — A man and a woman were sent to the hospital after being shot Sunday morning in Carmel.
Just after 7 a.m., police responded to the call of a shooting in the 300 block of E. 106th Street.
Police say they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest. He was treated at the hospital and has since been released.
A few hours later, officials say they were later able to locate a woman who was involved and had suffered a gunshot wound to the leg. She was also taken to the hospital for treatment and has since been released.
With assistance from Indianapolis police, the Carmel Police Department says they were able to find and arrest the suspected shooter.
Rodney Upshaw, of Indianapolis, has been arrested on the following charges:
- Domestic Battery by Means of a Deadly Weapon – Level 5 Felony
- Battery by Means of a Deadly Weapon – Level 5 Felony
- Attempted Murder (2 counts) – Level 1 Felony
- Carrying a Handgun without a license – A Misdemeanor
- Burglary: committed while armed with a deadly weapon – Level 2 Felony
- Burglary: dwelling and results in serious bodily injury – Level 1 Felony
An investigation into the incident remains ongoing.