[protected-iframe id=”7ea43de2372f73cf48bb07255375d72c-74025032-52975612″ info=”http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=NjZTFyeDrKbIaat_QVWhCLvD_7Fo5yd9&pbid=f987944e2b8d47c5ad7da7977780b8bd” width=”770px” height=”433px”]
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY, CA (November 11, 2015) – A five-year-old boy is being called a hero after he saved his grandmother during a house fire. And he used the lessons he learned just two days earlier on a field trip to a local fire station.
According to KTLA, Nathaniel Stocks took a field trip to a San Bernardino County fire station on Thursday where he learned lessons in fire safety, including “stop, drop and roll,” exit drills, and when to call 911.
On Saturday, Stocks woke up coughing and realized his space heater set his bedroom on fire.
According to KTLA, Stocks crawled down the hallway below the smoke and woke up his grandma.
They both got out of the house safely and called 911.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in 15 minutes.