This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS — Two brothers are dead after a camping trailer caught fire late Monday night on the northwest side of Indianapolis, according to the Pike Township Fire Department.

The camper was parked outside a vacant “At Home” store at 4641 Lafayette Rd. Authorities said an employee from a neighboring Walmart store noticed the smoke and called 911.

When firefighters arrived, they found heavy fire and smoke engulfing the burning vehicle. After extinguishing the blaze, fire investigators found the bodies of two men inside the motorhome. They were identified as 67-year-old John Hren and 62-year-old Vincent Hren.

The Pike Township Fire Department ruled that the fire was accidental and caused by a kerosene space heater located too close to combustibles.