(NEXSTAR) – Whether you prefer porters, stouts, ales or something in between, Tuesday is the day to drink a beer.
National Drink a Beer Day is held on Sept. 28 every year in the United States. What better way to celebrate than to head to a brewery?
Yelp has put together a list of the best breweries in the Midwest based on the total volume and ratings of reviews. All businesses were marked open on Yelp as of Sept. 21, 2021.
- Guggman Haus Brewing Co., Indianapolis, IN – This microbrewery on Indy’s near northwest side was created by a pair of identical twin sisters and their husbands. The brewery celebrates Indy’s deep love of IndyCar racing. In fact, the property was home to the Boyle Racing Team in the 1930s and 1940s!
- Iechyd Da Brewing Company, Elkhart, IN – The brewery is named after a Welsh toast that translates to “Good Health.” It was started by a husband and wife team that wanted to take their home brewery to the next level in 2011.
- Junk Ditch Brewing Company, Fort Wayne, IN – Located in the old Korte Paper Company warehouse, Junk Ditch Brewing Company delivers a casual, but refined experience using ingredients from the backyard and farther, according to the brewery’s website.
- Begyle Brewing, Chicago, IL
- Scratch Brewing Company, Ava, IL
- Goose Island Tap Room, Chicago, IL
- The Filling Station Microbrewery, Traverse City, MI
- Biercamp, Ann Arbor, MI
- Ore Dock Brewing Company, Marquette, MI
- Vennture Brew, Milwaukee, WI
- Lakefront Brewery, Milwaukee, WI
- Oliphant Brewery, Somerset, WI