INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – As if Friday couldn’t get any better, it’s national Doughnut Day! The Salvation Army first started this delicious holiday in 1938 as a way to honor the men and women who served doughnuts to World War I troops.
78 years later, the tradition lives on – probably because doughnuts are delicious!
So whether you plan to eat one doughnut or buy a couple of dozen doughnuts, there are plenty of great deals for everyone on this delicious holiday.
- Square Doughnuts: The Salvation Army will be handing out free square doughnuts at Monument Circle starting at 6 a.m. They will continue to serve the doughnuts until they go through all 2,500 doughnuts. While you’re at Monument Circle, check out the doughnut competition. It starts at 7 a.m.
- Rocket 88: The first 10 customers at each location will receive a $10 gift card, and paying customers will receive a bag of doughnut holes while supplies last.
- Taylor’s Bakery: Stop by either location for a free pumpkin spice doughnut while supplies last (they’re handing out 3,000 of them). Also, tomorrow they’re offering this deal – buy one dozen doughnuts, get one dozen free.
- Titus Bakery: Starting at 9 a.m. they will be giving away doughnut holes, and there will be a scavenger hunt from 9 a.m. to noon for kids around town. Each participant will receive a free yeast doughnut, and the winner will receive a dozen doughnuts.
- Krenolies Donuts: One free glazed doughnut for everyone who comes to the store! And all round ring donuts are only 49 cents!
- Krispy Kreme: Visit any location for one free doughnut, no purchase necessary.
- Dunkin Donuts: At all shops, get a free doughnut of your choice with the purchase of any beverage.
- Market District: Get one free doughnut with the purchase of a beverage, and they’re offering a special – buy six doughnuts get six doughnuts free.