INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – FBI activity at a home on the northwest side is connected to a multi-county federal investigation in the distribution of drugs.
The FBI responded to a home on Hope Springs Court just north of 71st Street Wednesday morning to serve a federal search warrant. The Marion County Sheriff’s Office was also at the scene of the single-story home.
The search stemmed from an investigation focused on drug distribution and was primarily concentrated in the Fort Wayne area. It involved the distribution of heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine and fentanyl, investigators said. The FBI unsealed eight indictments charging 21 individuals. In addition to the Indianapolis warrant, several warrants were also executed in Fort Wayne.
The following individuals face charges:
- Jennifer Mendoza, age 24, and Luiza Gunn a/k/a Luiza Eldridge, age 26, both of Fort Wayne were each charged in a three (3) count indictment alleging the distribution of fentanyl.
- Ivan Acosta a/k/a Ivan Acosta-Soto, age 35, and Juan Hernandez-Ortega, age 31, both of Fort Wayne were charged in a three (3) count indictment alleging the distribution of methamphetamine.
- Ubaldo Peralta-Soto, age 25, of Indianapolis; Clemente Cortez, age 45, of Fort Wayne; and Nestor Luna-Lugo, age 34, of Fort Wayne were charged in a four (4) count indictment alleging conspiracy to distribute cocaine as well as the distribution of cocaine.
- Juvenal Cervantes-Cruz, age 25, of Red Bluff, CA along with Christian Diaz, age 22, and Jesus Sanchez, Jr, age 21, both of Fort Wayne were charged in a five (5) count indictment alleging the distribution of marijuana, possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime and providing a residence for the storage and distribution of narcotics.
- Fredi Garcia-Gamez, age 33, Miguel Navarrete-Garcia, age 43, and Tomas Vega-Perez, age 41, all of Fort Wayne were charged in a three (3) count indictment alleging the distribution of heroin and providing a residence for the storage and distribution of narcotics.
- Jesus Soto-Arellanes a/k/a Chuy, age 37, and Erik De Leon Verduzco-Garcia a/k/a Pulpo, age 33, both of Fort Wayne along with Roberto Soto-Arellanes, age 43, Jesus Alberto Soto-Garcia a/k/a Chubeto, age 35 and Edbel Alejandro Soto-Verduzco, age 28, all of Columbia City were charged in a twelve (12) count indictment alleging conspiracy to distribute cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin and marijuana along with other drug distribution and gun possession charges.
- Roderick Dedeaux a/k/a Rodrick Dedeaux, age 29, of Fort Wayne was charged in a five (5) count indictment alleging distribution of fentanyl, methamphetamine and carrying a firearm in relation to a drug trafficking crime.
- Juan Salas, age 30, of Fort Wayne was charged in in an eight (8) count indictment alleging the distribution of fentanyl.
This was a joint effort involving the U.S. Attorney’s Office, FBI, Fort Wayne Police Department, Allen County Sheriff’s Office and Indiana State Police.