Free flu vaccine clinics this week at Community Hospital East
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Community Hospital East is holding a series of free flu shot clinics this week.
The flu vaccine is available on a first-come, first-served basis for patients 18 and over. Here’s the schedule:
- Monday, October 8th/Noon-4 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 9th/1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 10th/9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Thursday, October 11th/Noon-4 p.m.
- Friday, October 12th/11 a.m.-3 p.m.
According to the CDC, it takes about two weeks to develop the antibodies that protect you against the flu. The agency recommends that you get a flu shot by the end of October, if possible.
The 2017-2018 flu season was one of the deadliest in decades, killing more than 80,000 people.