Indiana couple allegedly beat foster children, made them put wet diapers in mouths
DEARBORN COUNTY, Ind. – A couple in Dearborn County, Indiana was arrested for “horrific” abuse foster children in their care.
Diane and Timothy Combs are facing numerous charges for allegedly abusing children in their care, WXIX reports. They were arrested last Friday.
At the time of their arrests, there were eight children in their home: four foster children, one adopted child, and three children they were babysitting.
The oldest child is the couple’s adopted daughter. She is 16-years-old, and she has intellectual and physical disabilities. The other seven children ranged in age from 2 to 8-years-old.
Timothy, 59, faces the following charges:
- Aggravated battery that causes serious permanent disfigurement
- Domestic battery against a disabled person with bodily injury
- Battery resulting in bodily injury of a person under 14 years old
- Domestic battery committed in the presence of a child younger than 16 years old
Diane, 55, faces the following charges:
- Aggravated battery and knowingly inflicting injury that creates a substantial risk of death
- Domestic battery against a disabled person causing bodily injury
- Domestic battery with bodily injury to a person under 14 years old
- Battery on a child
- Domestic battery by bodily waste
- Battery by bodily waste when the victim is 14 years old, strangulation
- Sexual battery
Authorities told WXIX the arrests came after one of the children recorded video of the abuse and showed it to another person who then called the Dearborn County Sheriff’s Department.
According to WXIX, the video shows Diane slapping the naked 6-year-old boy, causing him to fall to the floor. She then slaps him again, and she forces him to put a soiled diaper into his mouth.
The children told investigators anyone who wet the bed had to put their diaper into their mouth.
The court documents detailed other abuse, including “whoopings,” getting dropped on their heads, and causing injury to their “private parts.”
The abuse detailed in court documents occurred between December 2016 and July 2018.
The couple has fostered 38 different children since 2014.
They’re currently being held in the jail on a $100,000 bond. Their next court appearance is scheduled for October 15.