SCHEDULE | 2018 Indianapolis 500 at IMS
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — It’s finally here–the 102nd Running of the Indianapolis 500!
Ed Carpenter will lead the field after winning his third career Indy 500 pole. Public gates opened at 6 a.m.
Here’s a look at the schedule for Race Day:
- 5 a.m.-noon: Ticket and Credential Office Open
- 6 a.m.: Public Gates Open
- 6 a.m.-12:19 p.m.: IMS Midway Open
- 7 a.m.: Indy 500 Snake Pit presented by Coors Light Gates Open
- 7:15-8:45 a.m.: Snake Pit – Attlas Performance Begins
- 8 a.m.: Parade of Bands
- 8:30 a.m.: Borg-Warner Trophy March to the Bricks Begins
- 8:40 a.m.: Borg-Warner Trophy March reaches Checkpoint 1 – 4th Street
- 8:50 a.m.: Borg-Warner Trophy March reaches Checkpoint 2 – Pagoda Plaza
- 8:55 a.m.: Borg-Warner Trophy March reaches Checkpoint 3 – IMS Midway
- 9 a.m.: 500 Festival Princess Parade Laps
- 9 a.m.: Snake Pit – GRIZ Performance Begins
- 9:15-10:30 a.m.: Celebrity Red Carpet – Pagoda Plaza
- 9:25 a.m.: Borg-Warner Trophy March reaches Checkpoint 4 – Band Gate
- 10:05 a.m.: “On the Banks of the Wabash” performed by Purdue University Band
- 10:28 a.m.: Deadmau5 lands in Turn 1 with Green Flag in IU Health Helicopter
- 10:35 a.m.: Green Flag Guests (Deadmau5, Chris Hemsworth) Lap to Yard of Bricks
- 10:35 a.m.: Indianapolis 500 Winning Drivers Laps
- 10:43 a.m.: Deadmau5 and Chris Hemsworth Green Flag Handoff, Trackside Stage
- 10:45 a.m.: Snake Pit – Diplo Performance Begins
- 10:54 a.m.: Dan Gurney Tribute Lap
- 10:55 a.m.: Historic Race Car Laps
- 11:01-11:06 a.m.: Fastrax Parachute Team Demonstration
- 11:34 a.m.: Indianapolis 500 Driver Introductions
- 11:43 a.m.: Military March
- 11:46 a.m.: “America the Beautiful” performed by Indiana National Guard Military Trio
- 11:48 a.m.: Military Address delivered by General Joseph Lengyel, U.S. Air Force
- 11:53 a.m.: Presentation of Colors
- 11:53 a.m.: Invocation delivered by Archbishop Charles Thompson, Diocese of Indianapolis
- 11:55 a.m.: “Taps”
- 11:57 a.m.: “God Bless America” performed by Jon McLaughlin
- Noon: National Anthem performed by Kelly Clarkson
- 12:02 p.m.: Flyover, U.S. Air Force B-2 Stealth Bomber, Whiteman Air Force Base, Knob Noster, Missouri
- 12:04 p.m.: “Drivers, to your Cars” – Nick Goepper
- 12:11 p.m.: “Back Home Again in Indiana” performed by Jim Cornelison
- 12:11 p.m.: “Drivers Start Your Engines”
- 12:18 p.m.: Green Flag for the 102nd Running of the Indianapolis 500 Presented by PennGrade Motor Oil, waved by Chris Hemsworth
- 12:20 p.m.: Snake Pit – Axwell & Ingrosso Performance Begins
- 2 p.m.: Snake Pit – Deadmau5 Performance Begins
- 3:30 p.m.: Snake Pit Gates Close
TICKETS: General Admission: $40. Kids 15 and under are free with an adult with a general admission ticket. General admission tickets do not include grandstand access, only infield viewing mounds.
PUBLIC GATES OPEN (6 a.m.-checkered flag): All gates open.
STANDS OPEN: All mounds open (general admission), all stands open (reserved).
PARKING LOTS OPEN: All lots open, prepaid only, sold out. All ADA parking is prepaid and is sold out.
IMS MUSEUM HOURS: 6 a.m.-6 p.m., $40 IMS Gate Admission for Indianapolis 500 plus Museum Admission ($10 Adult, $5 Ages 6-15, Free 5 and under). Entrance into the grounds is free of charge on non-event days. However, during events the Indianapolis Motor Speedway charges an admission fee or requires a ticket to enter the grounds. This general admission fee or ticket price does not include admission to the Museum.