INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Authorities have released the traffic plan for the 102nd running of the Indy 500.
Hundreds of thousands are expected to come out Sunday for “the greatest spectacle in racing.” Attendees are encouraged to stay hydrated and to wear sunscreen.
All Parking lots at the speedway are sold out. If you have not already secured parking there will be no speedway parking available. Plan accordingly.
INBOUND PARKING AND CLOSURES
Parking north of the track
- 30th St., Enter southbound from I-65 onto Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St. and then west on 30th St.
- 38th St. west, to Georgetown Road
Parking south of the track
- 16th Streets from the East. Access 16th St. from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St.
Parking west of the track
- 38th St. to Moller.
- Crawfordsville Rd., east from I-465.
- 10th St. eastbound from I-465 to Lynhurst Dr.
- Rockville Rd, East from I-465 to Lynhurst Dr.
- Holt Rd. from Washington to 16th St.
- 10th St. from White River West Dr. to Lynhurst Dr
- Polco, from 10th St. to 16th St.
OUTBOUND PARKING AND CLOSURES
One way traffic patterns
- 16th St is one way from Gate 2 to Dr. Martin Luther King St. I-65 can be accessed by going north or south on Dr. MLK Jr St.
- 30th St. , One way from Gate 10a to I-65.
- Lynhurst, from Crawfordsville Rd to 10th St.
- 10th St from Lynhurst to I-465.
Dedicated outbound routes
- Crawfordsville Rd.
- Rockville from Lynhurst to I-465.
- Moller Rd, from 30th St to 38th St.
- 38th St from I-65 to I-465.
- Off Ramps closed at I-70 and Holt Rd. during outbound.
- Off Ramps closed at I-465 and Rockville Rd., during outbound.
- Off Ramps closed at I-465 and 10th St., during outbound.
Be sure to leave early, security will be searching every vehicle this year for the first time.