Fishers crews respond to explosion, fire at Indiana Gun Club

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo from scene on May 8, 2018

FISHERS, Ind. – Fire officials say a smokeless powder that self-ignited inside a trailer caused an explosion and fire at the Indiana Gun Club on Tuesday evening.

The club, which is located on 113th Street in Fishers, was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived around 6:40 p.m.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the flames. An enclosed trailer, storage sheds, and a garage were all involved.

No injuries were reported and the club was believed to be closed at the time of the incident.

While additional research will be conducted, investigators believe the interior temperature of the trailer reached an ignition temperature to cause the rapid ignition of materials.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.