Indianapolis family’s cat saves them during early morning house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — An Indianapolis family escaped an early Wednesday morning house fire thanks in part to their family cat.

The Indianapolis Fire Department was called to the 3400 block of Hovey just before 6:30 a.m. and found a home’s furnace on fire. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire which totaled the furnace and burnt some of the closet walls where it was positioned.

The family was able to escape the home thanks in part to their family cat which jumped on the bed of one of the four people inside and awoke them.

While the furnace was deemed a total loss, the rest of the home sustained minimal damage, although the family will be staying elsewhere until their furnace is replaced.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.