INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – For the second time in the course of a week, a Sahm’s restaurant will be temporarily closed after an emergency.
Firefighters just wrapped up putting out a fire inside the OneAmerica Tower in downtown Indianapolis.
The fire started behind some appliances at the Sahm’s restaurant on the first floor.
It took some time to clear the smoke from the first floor, and Sahm’s will be closed today due to fire and water damage. Thankfully, there were no injuries.
Last Sunday, a Sahm’s restaurant on the city’s north side was temporarily closed for repairs after a vehicle crashed into the side of its building.
The Indianapolis Fire Department says a 90-year-old woman driving a Honda CRV accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake while pulling into a parking spot at Sahm’s Place. There were no injuries in this incident either.