2018 Indy Mini-Marathon looking for entertainers for next year’s race
If you’ve ever wanted to perform in front of a crowd of 40,000, the 500 Festival is giving you the chance!
Organizers of the 2018 OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon are accepting applications from people hoping to provide entertainment during the race. The marathon features nearly 100 entertainment groups and squads to line the 13.1-mile course.
Organizers encourage anyone to apply–from rock bands to cloggers and deejays. Participants cite the course entertainment as one of the top reasons they come back every year, according to 500 Festival officials.
Performers can get several benefits from the marathon, including:
- Exposure for your group
- Group name and booking information listed on www.indymini.com
- Recognition in a 500 Festival “Thank You” ad
- Group signage may be displayed at your performance location
- Group recognition listed in the 2018 Participant Guide
- Commemorative t-shirt
- Certificate of participation
- Tickets to an Indianapolis 500 Practice Day
- Social Media Contest – The winning group will be featured in a Facebook post on both the Mini-Marathon and 500 Festival page, as well as a blog post on IndyMini.com
- Award for top entertainment group
Applications must be submitted no later than March 15, 2018. Performers will learn their locations at the beginning of April. Those selected must be in place by 6:30 a.m. on race day (May 5, 2018), and performances will wrap up by noon.
To learn more and apply, visit the 500 Mini-Marathon website.