An alert from neighbors helps couple escape burning home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS—Neighbors alerted a couple the garage to their south side home was on fire Saturday afternoon.

The neighbors also called 911 to report heaving smoke coming from the garage windows.

Shortly after 2:30 p.m., fire crews were called to the 800 block of Cragmont Drive.

The residents, both in their 60’s, were able to get out of their home safely along with their dogs.

Firefighters brought the blaze under control within 30 minutes. Damage was estimated at $130,000.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental electrical in the garage.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.