2017 central Indiana guide to fall festivals, pumpkin patches, and haunted houses
Fall is a magical time of year in Indiana. Corn mazes and pumpkin patches open for the season, the leaves change colors, and every weekend there’s sure to be a fall festival somewhere in the state.
So load up on candy corn and caramel apples, throw on a sweater, and check out these fall activities.
- The Festival of the Turning Leaves: September 22 to 24, 2017
There will be a parade, a 5K / 10K run/walk, live bands, a corn hole tournament, and a car show.
- Cory Apple Festival: September 22 to 24, 2017
Throughout the weekend there will be a corn hole tournament, car and motorcycle show, riding lawnmower demolition derby, a parade and live music.
- Potter’s Bridge Fall Festival: September 30, 2017
Potter’s Bridge Park, 19401 Allisonville Road, Noblesville
The one-day event features live music, a children’s activity zone, and over 70 vendors.
- Franklin Fall Festival: October 6 – 7, 2017
The downtown street fair has arts and crafts, live music, and a farmers’ market.
- Feast of the Hunter’s Moon Festival: September 30 – October 1, 2017
West Lafayette, Indiana
The re-creation of the annual fall gathering of the French and Native Americans will feature dozens of vendors, crafts, and food.
- Fall Foliage Festival: October 12 – 15, 2017
Downtown Square, Martinsville
The annual festival in downtown Martinsville has many activities including a parade, a classic car show, children’s events, and carnival rides.
- Riley Festival: October 5 to 8, 2017
The festival features a flea market, crafts, games and food.
- Covered Bridge Festival: October 13 to 22, 2017
Visit the 31 covered bridges in Parke County, the covered bridge capital of the world, and check out dozens of food vendors and artists.
- Irvington Halloween Festival: October 28, 2017
The week-long celebration includes a 5-mile run, a scholarship pageant, ghost-tours, Halloween-themed movies, a masquerade ball, and a haunted puppet show.
- Anderson: Indy Scream Park
- Anderson: Stillwell Manor Haunted House
- Batesville: Fear Factory
- Bloomington: The Barn of Terror
- Columbus: The Haunting at Shireman Homestead
- Fortville: The Haunted Farm
- Indianapolis: Haunted Angelus House
- Indianapolis: Slaughterhaus Haunted House
- Indianapolis: House of Trepidation
- Indianapolis: Fright Manor
- Indianapolis: Necropolis
- Indianapolis: Pirate’s Revenge at the Children Museum
- Indianapolis: The Asylum House
- Indianapolis: Nightmare on Edgewood
- Jamestown: Indiana Fear Farm
- Kokomo: Edge of Insanity
- Kokomo: Twisted Darkness
- Monrovia: Hall’s Haunted Hall
- Newburgh: Zombie Farm
- Peru: Streaper’s nightmare
- Portage: Haunted Hills Hospital
Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes
- Fishers: Conner Prairie Headless Horseman
- Indianapolis: Waterman’s Family Farm
- Greenfield: Tuttle Orchards
- Lafayette: Exploration Acres, Wea Creek Orchard
- Peru: McClure’s Orchard
- Brownsburg: Hogan Farms
- Crawfordsville: Priebe Pumpkin Patch
- Danville: Beasley’s Orchard and Gardens
- Fortville: Piney Acres Farm
- Noblesville: Russell Farms Pumpkin Patch
- Pendleton: Grabow Orchard
- Sheridan: Stuckey Farms
- Trafalgar: Apple Works
- Whiteland: Kelsay Farms
- Bloomington: Musgrave Orchard
- Columbus: Whipker’s Market
- Mooresville: Anderson Orchard
- Fairland: Pleasantview Orchard
- Converse: Kendall Family Farm Adventures Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch
- Starlight: Joe Huber’s Family Farm