INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Without a doubt, Paul George has raised his national profile.
He was the cover athlete for the NBA 2K17 video game, and now the Indiana Pacers star has his own signature shoe from Nike.
The shoe company showed off the “PG1” this week, just in time for the Pacers’ road trip to London, where they’ll square off against the Denver Nuggets at the O2 Arena.
4 Fast Facts
- Pacers star Paul George gets signature shoe
- He’ll debut the “PG1” during this week’s game in London
- The shoe has been in the works for two years
- Nike said it will retail for $110
He’s Nike Basketball’s fourth active signature athlete and the 21st athlete to receive a signature Nike shoe. The company didn’t offer a release date but said the PG1 would retail at $110.
Here are some of the shoe’s features:
- Forefoot strap with Flywire technology loop system provides adaptive support
- Zoom Air unit under the forefoot and plush sockliner provide responsive cushioning
- Full-bootie construction delivers a snug, 1-to-1 fit
- Multidirectional scale-inspired blade traction provides ultimate court grip
George collaborated with designer Tony Hardman, who started working on the design nearly two years ago. It includes fish scale paneling and a “bobber-inspired” lacelock influenced by George’s fondness for fishing.
The shoe’s launch “2K colorway” features a unique sockliner with an image of George. It’s a tie-in with the NBA 2K17 video game.
George will debut the shoe during Thursday’s game in London.