Fire heavily damages east side restaurant

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS–An east side restaurant was heavily damaged by fire Sunday afternoon.

Shortly before 3:30 p.m. fire crews were called to Royal Restaurant just east of 38th and Mitthoefer.

There were no customers inside the restaurant at the time.

Firefighters brought the blaze under control within 30 minutes.

The fire appears to have started in the kitchen area and the cause is believed to have been electrical.

Damage has been estimated at $75,000.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.