Indy Parks, Public Works offering 9 places to dispose of Christmas trees
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – If you’re looking for a place to pitch your live Christmas tree when the holiday season ends, you’re in luck. The Indianapolis Department of Public Works is teaming up with Indy Parks to offer residents several drop-off sites throughout the city.
From Monday, Dec. 26 to Tuesday, Jan. 31, trees can be dropped off from dusk until dawn at the following Indy Parks locations:
- Broad Ripple Park (1610 Broad Ripple Ave.) south lot
- Ellenberger Park (5301 E. St. Clair St.) west of pool in main parking lot
- Garfield Park (2432 Conservatory Drive) MacAllister Center
- Gustafson Park (3110 Moller Road) near the front entrance
- Krannert Park (605 S. High School Road) north parking lot
- Northwestway Park (5253 W. 62nd St.) near the recycling bins
- Perry Park (451 E. Stop 11 Road) soccer field parking lot
- Riverside Park (2420 E. Riverside Drive) tennis court parking lot
- Sahm Park (6801 E. 91st St.) soccer field parking lot
All ornaments, tinsel, lights, tree stands and other non-organic decorative materials must be removed from trees before dropping off.
The trees will be recycled for sustainable landscaping resources, such as mulch and soil blends.
The Christmas tree disposal is for residents only and not for commercial use.