Budweiser Clydesdales, 38 Special highlight Friday activities at Indiana State Fair
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — The Indiana State Fair kicks off their second week with a full day and night of activities that include appearances by the World Famous Budweiser Clydesdales, harness racing on the track at the Grandstand and a concert by 38 Special.
Here is a rundown of some of Friday’s events at the State Fair:
- 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Budweiser Clydesdale Hitch – For the first time at the Indiana State Fair come see the famous Budweiser Clydesdales in Champions Pavilion.
- 8 a.m. 4-H Pigeon Showmanship – Northwest Pavilion
- 10 a.m. Snakes Alive Talk – Look at the snakes at the DNR Amphitheater!
- 10 a.m. Vintage Farm Machinery in Action – Watch these antique machines at work at the Demonstration Field of the Pioneer Village!
- 1 p.m. Hoosier Homestead Awards – In honor of Indiana’s rich agricultural heritage, the Hoosier Homestead Award Program recognizes families with farms that have been owned by the same family for 100 years or more. Join in on the celebration at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum.
- 2 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. TAIKOPROJECT – Hailing from Los Angeles, California, the TAIKOPROJECT is a group of young emerging taiko drummers that will bring a dynamic sound to Dow AgroSciences Park three times a day.
- 2 p.m. Delicious Dairy Demos – Learn about preparing dishes including dairy products brought to you by the American Dairy Association Indiana Inc. at the Marsh Culinary Stage in the Purdue Ag/Hort Building.
- 3 p.m. Gold Medal Flour Cookie Contest – Indiana Arts Building
- 4 p.m. Twilite Nites – This is the band you’re looking for when it comes to ballroom, jazz, and swing. They play a variety of music from the 20’s through the 70’s for dancing and listening at the WGU Indiana Main Street Stage.
- 6 p.m. Harness Racing – Unlike traditional horse racing, Standardbreds compete at a “pace” or a trot instead of a gallop. Instead of riding their mounts, jockeys drive the horse from behind in carts. Don’t miss this unique equine event at the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand.
- 7:30p.m. 38 Special – They have Gold and Platinum album awards, sales in excess of 20 million, and a blast of southern rock to blow your mind. For being together for over three decades, this band sure knows how to wow a crowd. This evening, get ready to experience the timeless hits of 38 Special.