PHOTOS: Labrador rescued from near north side house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Firefighters rescued a dog from a house fire on the city’s near north side Monday.

Around 3:40 p.m., a 911 caller reported that two dogs were stuck in the blaze in the 2200 block of Broadway Street.

Crews arrived on scene a short time later and were able to locate the two Labradors huddled together in a rear bedroom. They were able to save one of the labs, but the other died.

Officials say the heavy fire pushed from the front porch through the house. Firefighter got it under control by 4:12 p.m.

Battalion Chief Rick Lintner says the home sustained significant exterior damage, worth around $105,000.

The two women that live in the home told firefighters that they left about 45 minutes before and they believe a discarded cigarette on the porch was the cause. The fire is still under investigation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.