Lafayette police arrest parents in connection with infant’s death
LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Lafayette police arrested two people in connection with the death of an 8-month-old child.
The initial investigation began on November 16, 2015 at 8:06 a.m. when Lafayette police officers were called to St. Elizabeth East Hospital in reference to a child that had been pronounced dead.
The case was presented to a Tippecanoe County grand jury, and Chad Giroux, Jr., 26, and Makenzie Shultz, 21, were arrested. The face the following charges:
- Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Death (Level 1 Felony)
- Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury (Level 3 Felony)
- Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Bodily Injury (Level 5 Felony)
- Neglect of a Dependent (Level 6 Felony)
- Obstruction of Justice (Level 6 Felony)
- False Informing/Perjury (Level 6 Felony)
- False Informing (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Failure to Report a Dead Body (Class A Misdemeanor)