4 Fast Facts
- Copperhead snake bites customer at North Carolina Lowe’s
- Incident happened around 4:30 p.m. Monday
- East Lincoln Fire Department posted about the incident on Facebook
- Department cautioned shoppers to “be mindful” in garden centers
DENVER, N.C. – That’ll certainly get your attention.
A customer at a North Carolina Lowe’s store went to the hospital after encountering a copperhead in the gardening department Monday afternoon. The snake bit the customer.
The incident happened around 4:30 p.m. at the Lowe’s store in Denver, which is about 20 miles northeast of Charlotte. The East Lincoln Fire Department posted about the snake bite on Facebook.
“Please watch the trees in the garden area of Lowe’s Home Improvement,” the department posted on Facebook along with a photo of the snake in a plastic bag. “This could happen at any store that sells trees. So be mindful when shopping for gardening supplies.”
The bite victim was taken to a hospital. The customer’s name and condition were unavailable.
Note: An earlier version of this story said an employee was bitten. The department clarified Tuesday that it was a customer