Follow our live weather blog
Click here for weather warnings and watches

Girl killed in New Whiteland fire suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning, severe burns

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Manserat Kaur. Photo provided by family members

4 Fast Facts

  • 2-year-old Manserat Kaur died in February
  • The little girl was trapped inside a New Whiteland home
  • Firefighters rescued her, but her injuries were too severe
  • The coroner ruled her death accidental

NEW WHITELAND, Ind. (April 19, 2016) – A 2-year-old girl who died in a fire in February suffered from carbon monoxide intoxication and severe burns, the coroner’s office said Tuesday.

Manserat Kaur died after a fire broke out at a home in the 700 block of Hickory Pine Drive on Feb. 23. The Marion County Coroner’s Office ruled her death accidental.

Fire crews were called to the home during the afternoon and said the 2-year-old had gotten trapped on the second floor. Fire crews rescued the little girl and rushed her to a hospital, but she succumbed to her injuries.

The girl’s mother made the initial call, telling dispatchers the house was fully engulfed and her daughter was trapped inside. The mother suffered from smoke inhalation and also went to the hospital.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s