Police arrest teen suspected in 7 cell phone store robberies
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Feb. 25, 2016)– Police say a 15-year-old juvenile suspect was arrested Thursday in connection with several cell phone store robberies.
The suspect faces nearly 30 charges including criminal confinement, pointing a firearm and armed robbery. Police suspect the juvenile robbed seven local cell phone stores this month.
Police say the teen was seen walking into the Keystone Wireless in the 2300 block of East 34th Street. Based on previous robberies, they determined he was the suspect. The teen was arrested without incident.
No injuries were reported in any of the seven robberies despite the suspect possessing and pointing a gun in several of the incidents.
Police suspect the teen was involved in robberies at the following stores:
- 2/2/16 – Metro PCS – 3637 East 38th Street
- 2/5/16 – Boost Mobile – 5202 North Keystone Avenue
- 2/6/16 – Boost Mobile – 3701 North Post Road
- 2/14/16 – Boost Mobile – 3790 North Arlington Avenue
- 2/16/16 – Metro PCS – 2339 East 53rd Street
- 2/16/16 – Metro PCS – 1515 North Arlington Avenue
- 2/19/16 – Boost Mobile – 3778 North Meridian Street