Investigators: Fatal fire at Plainfield senior living facility caused by cigarette
PLAINFIELD, Ind. (Nov. 30, 2015)– Investigators have determined the cause of a fatal fire in Plainfield that injured two people and killed one at a senior living facility.
The fire occurred on November 27 in the 200 block of Mill Run Drive. The residents were evacuated. Some had to be carried out of the building by firefighters.
Linda Carol Knowles, 57, was identified as victim. Her husband lived with her at the facility and was hospitalized. His injuries and those of the other injured resident were not life-threatening.
A displaced cigarette was determined as the cause of the fire.
Damage from the fire is estimated at $100,000 and several residents were displaced. Residents are now starting to return to the complex.