Kitchen fire damages Noblesville apartment

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Scene from fire on Oct. 15, 2015

NOBLESVILLE, Ind. (Oct. 16, 2015) – A kitchen fire forced an evacuation and caused about $55,000 in damage to a Noblesville apartment.

Crews from the Noblesville Fire Department were dispatched around 7:40 p.m. Thursday to 533 Camelot Court at Noble Manor Apartments. A person who lives in the apartment building heard a smoke detector going off in an upstairs apartment. He discovered a fire and tried unsuccessfully to put it out with a fire extinguisher.

He and another resident alerted their neighbors to the fire and called 911. Crews arrived to find smoke coming from the upstairs apartment. They had it under control by 7:48 p.m. The apartment sustained heat and smoke damage.

Investigators said no one was hurt.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.