Downtown Indy hosts ‘Workforce Week’ complete with discounts, giveaways, free events
(September 14, 2015) — Downtown Indianapolis has a talented workforce. The city continues to grow with thriving businesses, a strong corporate base, a robust convention/hospitality market and a quickly-expanding residential community. The organization Downtown Indy recognizes the importance of attracting and retaining talent in Indianapolis.
To show their support, they’re hosting Workforce Week Sept. 14 – 18. This spirited appreciation week will include pats-on-the-back, fun team-building events, giveaways and more. #workloveindy
Monday, Sept. 14: KICKOFF & HIGH KICK MONDAY
- Enjoy a FREE cup of joe at various Denison parking garages throughout Downtown starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Join Mayor Ballard on Monument Circle from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. to kick off Workforce Week and set a new world record. Bring your friends as Colts cheerleaders lead us as we vie for the world record number of high kickers at noon. (Think Rockettes… Indy style.) We need 522+ people to break recordersetter.com. Emmis will be broadcasting live from the event.
Tuesday, Sept. 15: TASTY TUESDAY
- Take advantage of reduced-price breakfasts, lunches, happy hours and dinners throughout Downtown hosted by several establishments. Show your Downtown business card to participate. Visit www.downtownindy.org for a complete list of participants including Georgia Reese’s, Skyline Club, Shula’s, Palomino and Soupremacy.
Wednesday, Sept. 16: RECESS! & WORKOUT WEDNESDAY
- Get out of the office for adult recess with Playworks on the Circle from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. for fun teambuilding activities.
- Also, join local studios for a series of FREE classes throughout Downtown from noon – 12:45 p.m., all Taylor Swift-themed (she performs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse that evening). Pack your workout clothes and join the FREE fun.
- Zumba with the YMCA on Georgia Street
- Yoga with Invoke on the Canal near the Walnut Street basin (grassy space off Walnut Street and the Cultural Trail)
- Boot camp with Indy Performance Authority on the Indiana War Memorial steps
Thursday, Sept. 17: THANK YOU THURSDAY
- Join us on Georgia Street from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. for relaxation and pay-it-forward activities. Enjoy a FREE massage and play with some furry, adoptable four-legged friends from the city’s Animal Care and Control. Also, unleash your creative side and make a thank you or get well card to our veterans and Riley Hospital patients.
- Plan ahead and get tickets to attend Downtown Indy’s INspired Beauty event from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. on Monument Circle.
Sept. 18: FUN, SPORTY & PHILANTHROPY FRIDAY
- Enjoy FREE donuts from 8 – 9:30 a.m. in the Bankers Life Fieldhouse entry plaza, presented by Indiana Pacers, Indiana Fever and Dunkin Donuts.
- Celebrate the Indianapolis Colts with the Big Kickoff with United Way on the Circle from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.