ANDERSON, Ind. (Aug. 18, 2015)-- Anderson Police remain vigilant and concerned, after a brazen gun store burglary last week.
Police arrested two suspects. Two others are on the loose, and dozens of guns are missing.
Investigators said the plot included hitting up the gun store to ship weapons to Chicago. Of the four suspects, two of them are juveniles.
“This area was covered with glass, and I could see that all the cases were empty,” said Ron Hinton.
Hinton owns Gunslingers and came to work last Thursday to a mess. Still, by Tuesday, signs of the burglary remained, like empty gun cases and doors covered with boards.
Hinton said the suspects took four rifles, three shotguns, and 43 handguns.
“Value’s going to be somewhere between $25,000 and $30,000,” said Hinton.
Anderson Police said only a handful of the weapons have been recovered. Two suspects broke into the store four times in 45 minutes early Thursday morning. Then, two hours later they came back for a fifth time with a third suspect.
A tip led investigators to a 17-year-old, and 18-year-old Javier Armstrong. Police said both admitted to their role in the burglary.
Anderson Police also said a 15-year-old is still on the loose, along with 29-year-old Deandre Fairman, who cooked up the plot to get the guns to Chicago.
“The subject that remains at large had offered to pay some of the younger suspects cash money as well as their choice of firearms, in return for allowing him to take them to Chicago for sale,” said Sgt. Chad Boynton, with Anderson Police.
Hinton wants the two suspects out there to get caught and hopes this latest heist isn’t part of a trend.
“We did have a break-in back in December. We had four youth break in, juveniles under the age of 16,” said Hinton.
The store does have a security system, but the owner said for some reason it did not set off a signal. If it had worked properly, police should have been notified within minutes.
Anderson Police said anyone with information in the case should contact Crime Stoppers at 765-649-8310.