Formal complaint filed against Glenda Ritz after campaign funds called into question
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (July 29, 2015)– A formal complaint has been filed against State Superintendent Glenda Ritz involving her campaign for Governor.
The Secretary of State’s office received that complaint late Wednesday afternoon after a separate complaint was withdrawn.
The donations are said to be questionable because they were accepted during the 2015 legislative session, according to State election documents. This would be a violation according to State law. Ritz says it was merely a clerical error.
“We did absolutely no fundraising during the blackout period and I think we have all of the data and evidence to support that,” Ritz previously said.
More than $8,000 through 28 donations was accepted during the 2015 General Assembly session. State law which requires candidates to not raise funds or accept campaign donations while the legislature meets.
Ritz previously explained that her treasurer made an error on the forms that were submitted, and that they’ll be resubmitted with accurate dates.