Unattended food on the stove touches off apartment fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (July 5, 2015)–Ribs left unattended on a stove is believed to have touched off a fire that heavily damaged a north side apartment fire Sunday evening.

Indianapolis Fire Crews were called to the Edgewood Terrace Apartments in the 3500 block of North Pennsylvania Street shortly before 8 p.m.

The resident of the apartment told firefighters he was not home when the fire broke out.

The blaze was confined to the one apartment. No injuries were reported.

Damage is estimated at $30,000.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.