SCHEDULE | Free admission Thursday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
INDIANAPOLIS (May 21, 2015) – Race fans will find free admission Thursday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Highlights for the day including qualifying for the Indy Lights Freedom 100 and a vintage car exhibition.
Here’s the schedule:
- 8 a.m. Public Gates Open
- 9 a.m.-Noon Indy Lights Practice
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. Indy Lights Freedom 100 Qualifying
- 2:30-4 p.m. Vintage Car Exhibition
- 4 p.m. Public Gates Close
TICKETS: Free admission
PUBLIC GATES OPEN: 8:00 a.m. (local time). Pedestrian gates open are Gates 1B, 2, 4, 6, Media Gate, 7 Vehicle, 7 South Pedestrian, 10, 10A, 12.
STANDS OPEN: North Vista Wheelchair (As needed GA, Sec. 21), Northwest Vista (As needed GA, Sec. 1-4), Northwest Vista Deck (Open-GA), Paddock (As needed GA, Sec. 9-18), Paddock Pressbox (Open-GA), Paddock Penthouse (As needed GA, Sec. 9-30), Pit Road Terrace (Open-GA), South Terrace (Open-GA), Tower Terrace (As needed GA, Sec. 37-42), Tower Terrace Wheelchair (Open-GA), Wheelchair Accessible (Open GA), Backstretch Mounds (Open-GA), Backstretch Family Mounds (Open-GA), Turn 2 Mounds (Open-GA), Turn 3 Mounds (Open-GA), Gasoline Alley Roof (Open-GA)
MUSEUM HOURS: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for fans 6-15 years old, with children under 5 free. Gate admission to the Indianapolis 500 is not included in Museum admission and must be purchased separately.
2015 Ticket Information: Ticket information is available for all racing events at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 2015 – 99th Indianapolis 500, Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational, Lilly Diabetes 250, Crown Royal Presents the “Your Hero’s Name Here” 400 at the Brickyard and Red Bull Indianapolis GP.
Fans have three quick, convenient methods to buy tickets:
• Online: Visit www.ims.com/tickets. Tickets are available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
• Phone: Call 800-822-INDY or 317-492-6700 between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
• In Person: Visit the IMS Ticket Office at the IMS Administration Building at the corner of Georgetown Road and 16th Street between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
Tickets for groups of 20 or more also are available. Contact the IMS Group Sales Department at 866-221-8775 for more information.
Information on parking and camping at IMS events is available at www.ims.com/tickets.