Man rescued from Colorado restaurant’s greasy air duct

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo credit: Jason Pohl, The Coloradoan

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (May 17, 2015) — A 22-year-old man was rescued Saturday after falling through the roof of a Colorado restaurant and becoming lodged in a greasy kitchen air duct.

Poudre Fire Authority officials say Andrew Neely fell through the roof and was trapped in the chimney at Pueblo Viejo when he called 911. Firefighters and Fort Collins police found the man and crews forced the restaurant door open. Firefighters say the man was stuck directly above the fryer.

Crews dismantled the exhaust vents and lowered him down.

The Fort Collins Coloradoan reports that Neely was not injured. He was cited for trespassing.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.