SCHEDULE | Action resumes Friday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
INDIANAPOLIS (May 8, 2015) – Track activity resumes Friday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway ahead of this weekend’s Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis. Friday marks qualifying for the event as well as races for USF2000, Pro Mazda and Indy Lights series.
Here’s the schedule for today:
- 9 a.m. Public Gates Open
- 9:30-10 a.m. USF2000 Practice/Midway Opens
- 10:15-10:45 a.m. Pro Mazda Qualifying
- 11 a.m. Verizon IndyCar Series Practice Begins/Ivy Tech Garage Tours Begin – Garage 35
- 11:45 a.m. Verizon IndyCar Series Practice Concludes
- Noon Indy Lights Qualifying Begins/Townsend Bell Car Unveil – Plaza
- 12:45 p.m. Indy Lights Qualifying Concludes/IndyCar Driver Autograph Session Begins – Fan Village
- 1 p.m. USF 2000 Race #1 Begins (30 Minute Timed Race)
- 1:45 p.m. IndyCar Driver Autograph Session Concludes
- 2:15 p.m. Pro Mazda Race #2 Begins (30 Minute Timed Race)
- 3 p.m. Verizon IndyCar Series Qualifying & Firestone Fast Six
- 4:15 p.m. Pole Award Ceremony – Pit Lane in front of Verizon Pit View Cart
- 4:45 p.m. Indy Lights Race #1 Begins (30 Laps or 45 Minutes)
- 6 p.m. Public Gates Close
TICKETS: $20, children 12 and under free
Free Garage Friday: Fans may tour the Verizon IndyCar Series garages. Must be over the age of 9 and sign the waiver located in Gasoline Alley Garage #35.
Verizon IndyCar Series Driver Autograph Session from 12:45-1:45 p.m. in the infield INDYCAR Fan Village.
PUBLIC GATES OPEN: 9 a.m. (local time). Pedestrian gates open are Gates 1B, 2, 4, 6, Media Gate, 7 Vehicle, 7 South Pedestrian, 9, 9A, 10, 10A, 12.
STANDS OPEN: A Penthouse, B Penthouse, E Stand, E Penthouse, H Stand (AS NEEDED GA – Sec. 13-24, J Stand, North Vista Wheelchair (AS NEEDED GA – Sec 21), Northwest Vista (AS NEEDED GA – Sec 1-10), Northwest Vista Deck, Paddock Wheelchair (AS NEEDED GA – Box 19-22), Paddock Penthouse (AS NEEDED GA – Box 10-20), South Terrace, South Terrace Wheelchair, South Vista (AS NEEDED GA – Sec 1-5), South Vista Deck (AS NEEDED GA – Sec 1-4), Southwest Vista Deck, Tower Terrace (AS NEEDED GA – Sec 37 & 79), Tower Terrace Wheelchair, Pit Road Terrace, Wheelchair Accessible, Corner 5, Corner 5 Wheelchair, Corner 7, Corner 7 Wheelchair, Backstretch Family Mounds, Turn 2 (Oval) Mounds, Turn 4 (Oval) Mound, Corner 6 Mounds, Corner 7 Mounds.
MUSEUM HOURS: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for fans 6-15 years old, with children under 5 free. Gate admission to the Indianapolis 500 is not included in Museum admission and must be purchased separately.
2015 Ticket Information: Ticket information is available for all racing events at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 2015 – the Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis, 99th Indianapolis 500, Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational, Lilly Diabetes 250, Crown Royal Presents the “Your Hero’s Name Here” 400 at the Brickyard and Red Bull Indianapolis GP.
Fans have three quick, convenient methods to buy tickets:
• Online: Visit www.ims.com/tickets. Tickets are available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
• Phone: Call 800-822-INDY or 317-492-6700 between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
• In Person: Visit the IMS Ticket Office at the IMS Administration Building at the corner of Georgetown Road and 16th Street between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
Tickets for groups of 20 or more also are available. Contact the IMS Group Sales Department at 866-221-8775 for more information.
Information on parking and camping at IMS events is available at www.ims.com/tickets