INDY 500 | Thursday schedule at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
INDIANAPOLIS (May 7, 2015) – You’ll find plenty do at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Thursday as gates open to the public at 8 a.m. Thursday marks practice for the Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis.
Here’s a look at the schedule:
- 8 a.m. Public Gates Open
- 8:30-9 a.m. USF2000 Practice, Midway Opens
- 9:15-9:45 a.m. Pro Mazda Practice
- 10-10:45 a.m. Indy Lights Practice
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Verizon IndyCar Series Practice
- 1:15-1:45 p.m. USF2000 Practice
- 2:15-2:45 p.m. Pro Mazda Practice
- 3-4:40 p.m. Verizon IndyCar Series Practice
- 4:55-5:40 p.m. Indy Lights Practice
- 5:55 p.m. Pro Mazda Race #1 Begins
- 6:30 p.m. Pro Mazda Race #1 Concludes, Public Gates Close, Midway Closes
TICKETS: Free admission
PUBLIC GATES OPEN: 8 a.m. (local time). Pedestrian gates open are Gates 1B, 2, 4, 6, Media Gate, 7 Vehicle, 7 South Pedestrian, 9, 9A, 10, 10A, 12.
STANDS OPEN: A Penthouse, B Penthouse, E Stand, E Penthouse, H Stand (AS NEEDED GA – Sec. 13-24, J Stand, North Vista Wheelchair (AS NEEDED GA – Sec 21), Northwest Vista (AS NEEDED GA – Sec 1-10), Northwest Vista Deck, Paddock Wheelchair (AS NEEDED GA – Box 19-22), Paddock Penthouse (AS NEEDED GA – Box 10-20), South Terrace, South Terrace Wheelchair, South Vista (AS NEEDED GA – Sec 1-5), South Vista Deck (AS NEEDED GA – Sec 1-4), Southwest Vista Deck, Tower Terrace (AS NEEDED GA – Sec 37 & 79), Tower Terrace Wheelchair, Pit Road Terrace, Wheelchair Accessible, Corner 5, Corner 5 Wheelchair, Corner 7, Corner 7 Wheelchair, Backstretch Family Mounds, Turn 2 (Oval) Mounds, Turn 4 (Oval) Mound, Corner 6 Mounds, Corner 7 Mounds.
MUSEUM HOURS: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for fans 6-15 years old, with children under 5 free. Gate admission to the Indianapolis 500 is not included in Museum admission and must be purchased separately.
2015 Ticket Information: Ticket information is available for all racing events at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 2015 – the Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis, 99th Indianapolis 500, Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational, Lilly Diabetes 250, Crown Royal Presents the “Your Hero’s Name Here” 400 at the Brickyard and Red Bull Indianapolis GP.
Fans have three quick, convenient methods to buy tickets:
• Online: Visit www.ims.com/tickets. Tickets are available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
• Phone: Call 800-822-INDY or 317-492-6700 between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
• In Person: Visit the IMS Ticket Office at the IMS Administration Building at the corner of Georgetown Road and 16th Street between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
Tickets for groups of 20 or more also are available. Contact the IMS Group Sales Department at 866-221-8775 for more information.
Information on parking and camping at IMS events is available at www.ims.com/tickets