SANTA CLAUS, Ind. (April 23, 2015) – The nation’s first launched wing roller coaster is ready for launch.
Thunderbird, Holiday World’s newest attraction, features a zero-to-60 miles-per-hour launch in just 3.5 seconds. Riders will twist and turn as Thunderbird takes them through a 14-story Immelmann loop, Zero-g roll, barrel roll and a 125-foot loop.
The $22 million steel coaster opens to the public on Saturday. It’s located in the Thanksgiving section. For more information about the roller coaster and Holiday World, which opens for its 69th season on April 25, visit the theme park’s website.
- Launch, using LSM technology
- Immelmann loop
- 125’ Loop (tallest on any Wing Coaster)
- Elevated Spiral
- Zero-G roll
- 2 “headchopper” keyholes
- 360 in-line twist (barrel roll)
- 2 Crossovers with The Voyage
Thunderbird Fact Sheet:
- Track Length: 3,035 feet
- Ride Height: 140 feet at Immelmann loop’s peak
- Speed: Thunderbird’s top speed is 60 miles per hour
- Ride Time: 1 minute, 18 seconds (station to station)
- Trains: Two trains, each with five four-person coaches
- Capacity: 1,140 Guests per hour
- Height Limit: Riders must be at least 52 inches tall