House fire causes thousands in damages early Thursday morning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS (March 26, 2015) – IFD crews responded to a house fire early Thursday morning on the city’s northeast side.

Crews responded to the call in the 3600 block of Lombardy Place around 2:30 a.m. Officers say there was a family of five in the house at the time of the fire.

Two daughters, aged 19 and 20, shared a bedroom. One of the daughters woke up because she said her forehead felt very hot. Crews confirmed that the fire was very close to her bedroom.

There were operational smoke detectors in the house, but the family was able to make it out before they started going off.

The fire was out within 30 minutes. No injuries were reported at this time, but one family cat did not make it out of the house.

The family is currently displaced and IFD believes the fire caused at least $75,000 in damages.

The family believes the fire started from an electrical problem, but IFD has not yet completed their formal investigation.

We will update this story as more information becomes available.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.