Several varieties of apples sold in Indiana recalled for possible listeria contamination
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – A Michigan-based produce company is recalling four kinds of apples because they may be contaminated with Listeria.
Jack Brown Produce of Sparta says that apples processed and shipped by one of their suppliers, Nyblad Orchards between December 11 through December 16, may have been contaminated. The recall covers Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp and Golden Delicious Apples.
The apples were distributed through retails stores in Indiana, as well as Michigan, Georgia, Missouri, and Ohio under the brand “Apple Ridge.” They were sold in Aldi stores.
The products recalled are:
- Honeycrisp apples in 2 lbs. clear plastic bags
- Gala, Fuji and Golden Delicious apples in 3 lbs. clear plastic bags
- Fuji and Gala apples in 5 lbs. red-netted mesh bags
- Gala, Fuji and Honeycrisp apples that were tray-packed and individually sold
The lot numbers to look out for on the bag label or the bag clip are:
- Fuji: NOI 163, 165, 167, 169, 174
- Honeycrisp: NOI 159, 160, 173
- Golden Delicious: NOI 168
- Gala: NOI 164, 166
Customers who bought the apples on or after December 11 should destroy the product and contact Jack Brown Produce for a refund at 1-800-348-0834.