CBS4 produces ‘Honoring Peyton Manning’ special ahead of statue unveiling
No Indianapolis Colts fan will ever forget Peyton Manning, the first-round draft pick whose on-field success changed the way people thought about the city of Indianapolis.
Manning, who spent 14 seasons with the Colts, will be honored this weekend. It starts Saturday with the unveiling of his statute in front of Lucas Oil Stadium–a venue often referred to as “The House That Peyton Built.” Manning will then be inducted into the Colts Ring of Honor during halftime of Sunday’s game against the 49ers. His No. 18 jersey will be retired, meaning no Colts player will wear 18 ever again.
All this week, we’ve been sharing stories about Manning’s legacy in Indianapolis. On Friday, we’ll bring you special coverage as we look back on his storied career. We’ll reminisce with former teammates, look at his contributions off the field and talk to the man tasked with making Manning’s statue come to life.
Don’t miss our Indy Sports Central special, “Honoring Peyton Manning,” Friday at 7:30 p.m. on CBS4. We’ll also stream the program live on CBS4Indy.com, the CBS4 app and Facebook.
More Peyton coverage:
- What’s in a name? Manning threw TD passes to 36 different Colts
- Adam Vinatieri says Peyton Manning was driven to win
- Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital says thank you to No. 18 with video
- Colts to unveil Peyton Manning statue outside Lucas Oil Stadium Saturday
- Brandon Stokley recalls ‘magical’ record-breaking 2004 season
- Reggie Wayne on Manning: Preparation was paramount
- Peyton Manning: ‘Didn’t know you were supposed to be alive to see statue made of you’
- Weeklong celebration of Peyton Manning planned for statue unveiling, jersey retirement